Please do the appropriate research before donating to any charity.
Your privacy is very important to us.
Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law. We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date. We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information. We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- (a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- (b) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- (c) http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- (d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- (e) https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac (Safari); and
- (f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our Site. Some features of the Site may cease to be available to you.
Interest-Based Advertising Advertising.
Email Addresses. We may collect your email address, but only if you voluntarily provide it to us. This may occur, for example, if you sign up to receive an email newsletter. We will use your email address for the purposes for which you provided it to us, and also from time to time to send you emails regarding the Site or other products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of such email communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in the email. We will not share your email address with any third parties. If you are a resident of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), please refer to the section below entitled “Additional Rights of EEA Residents.” Additional Rights of EEA (European Economic Area) Residents If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to: (i) access your personal data (ii) ensure the accuracy of your personal data (iii) the right to have us delete your personal data (iv) the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and (v) the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement. You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us addressed to the following: Sale of Business or Assets In the event that the Site or substantially all of its assets is sold or disposed of as a going concern, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, the information we have collected about you may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with that transaction.
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
- Terms By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Envolved's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Envolved's website; iv. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Envolved at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Disclaimer The materials on Envolved's website are provided “as is”. Envolved makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Envolved does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- Limitations In no event shall Envolved or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption), arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Envolved's Internet site, even if Envolved or a Envolved authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Revisions and Errata The materials appearing on Envolved's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Envolved does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Envolved may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Envolved does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
- Links Envolved has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Envolved of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
- Governing Law Any claim relating to Envolved's website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Use Of Pictures You may use the pictures of Envolved if you provide a credit link back to Envolved and an e-mail notification or comment on a post that you have done so.
- Legal Age You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if 1) you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Envolved, or 2) you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of the United States or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
General Terms and Conditions Applicable to Use
Any references to third party charities, programs, or websites are subject to change without notice. Please do the appropriate research before participating in any third party offers.
Specifically, Envolved is a project of the Envolved Foundation. Envolved is a free service for donors. In fact, everything we do at Envolved is free for donors including:
- Our comparisons
- Our calculators and tools
- Our research reports, news, opinion articles, and reviews
How does Envolved make money? Envolved may ask our donors to cover fees during the donation process to reduce our operating expenses. It's not required to donate using Envolved tools. Envolved was created and is maintained by our donors.
We do not accept compensation related to where charities appear on this site. Further and to be absolutely clear, partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews or ratings. Envolved has not written about, reviewed, or rated all charities, NGOs, or other Foundations. We regularly turn down promotional offers from new partners. We work to put you first. This company’s editorial staff and independent contractors do not receive direction from charities on our website. We do not publish favorable (or unfavorable) reviews or assessments at the direction of any charity or other entity. If you have any questions about a charity or partner mentioned on our website please let us know.
If you are a prospective partner, and you want to learn more about working with Envolved, contact us.
© 2022, Envolved, All Rights Reserved.